Happy Gratitude-giving! Our Gratitude-giving Day is off to a great start, hanging out with the in-laws and getting ready for kitchen duty. The best thing that’s happened today? Russ (my husband) came up with a super hero name for himself: Grati-dude; spreading gratitude throughout the land. Hilarious…and awesome.
Let’s get to it. I love pumpkin. I love cinnamon (an anti-microbial and natural sweetener and flavor agent). And I love sweets. But I always try to come up with scrumptious recipes that cut back as much sugar (in any form) as possible without compromising good taste. I tossed this together in a bowl the other morning and could have eaten it all day long.
Perfect Pumpkin Pudding (serves 1)
- Canned or freshly baked sugar pie pumpkin (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 spoonful of your favorite raw honey
- 1-2 spoonfuls of almond or sunflower seed butter (I love the sunflower seed butter for this)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cardamom if you like that flavor)
- pinch of sea salt
- OPTIONAL: sprinkle with hemp seeds or ground flax seeds for an extra nutritional punch)
Mix together well in a bowl, eat with some warming herbal tea, and thank me for giving this recipe to you cause it rocks.
Happy Gratitude-giving to you and yours. What are you thankful for?